At first, concerts were given in the Town Hall. In 1914, the choir perfomed in St Mary's Church and there the concerts stayed, with the memorable exception of the Fiftieth Anniversary Concert,
when the choir sang from the stage of Calne Cinema. The standing of the society might be indicated very simply by the notice on many of the programmes of "special trains to Chippenham at 10.05,
connecting with the main line trains, up and down". It long remained policy to engage the services of at least one distinguished soloist for each concert. Owen Brannigan, Ena Mitchell, Isobel
Baillie are a few of those great names. In the 1930's, it was Mr Pullien's practice to engage instrumentalists of the Band of the Royal Marines in his orchestra. Clearly, concerts which amassed
costs of £30 in 1914 and £150 in 1956 were no mean affairs.
After the last war, the society continued to operate under a succession of local enthusiastic conductors, whose names still reverbrate in the locality - Leonard Bullock, Brian Barnes, R W Lovell - but there were hard times in the 1960's. At the end of that decade, David Cook and David Price, aided and abetted by Heather Rathbone, began to pull the choir together again. Drawing on the reservoirs of two town schools, the choir was a going concern by 1970. David White became the conductor on his arrival in Calne in September of that year and since then the choir has grown and performed music of an enormous range of period and style.
In its centenary year the Choir paid homage to its birth with a celebratory concert, which looked back to the first performance given by the Society in the Town Hall on 10th December 1886. The Choir performed as near to the date of the first concert on 6th December 1986, also in the Town Hall in Calne singing the very first oratorio that the founding choir sang, 'Christ and his Soldiers' by John Farmer.